Gweedo's Paradise SMP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gweedo's Paradise SMP

Server Ip: gweedosparadisesmp.mcph.co

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Paradise Has Been Closed
My Fun Day EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 8:17 pm by MegaScary2

» ryan123123 Explorer Application
My Fun Day EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 12:28 pm by Gweedo358

» So many Griefs
My Fun Day EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 12:28 pm by Gweedo358

» TBNRTurbo - JrMod Application
My Fun Day EmptyFri Oct 07, 2016 12:24 pm by Turbostevie123

» Another one for you guys
My Fun Day EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 3:41 am by EvilCy6

» BobTheZombie's JrMod Application
My Fun Day EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 6:46 pm by EvilCy6

» Ender_MAster14 Warp Application
My Fun Day EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 4:56 pm by Gweedo358

» Warp for Island_Town
My Fun Day EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 7:30 pm by EvilCy6

» My jr mod form TheMckeoughs
My Fun Day EmptySat Sep 24, 2016 11:39 pm by Maxman

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My Fun Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
4emersons

My Fun Day Empty
PostSubject: My Fun Day   My Fun Day EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 12:40 am

Decided I'd post it in here since it is easier than saying it in-game on the server.

So my youth group was having a 30 Hour Famine Friday/Saturday (today). Stopped eating at noon Friday, met at the church at 8 P.M. Friday night, stayed there over night, did community service work all day today, and then had a meal at 6 P.M. this evening. I won't talk much about the stuff at the church because the majority of it was just hanging out with friends, but there is a super cool video that we watched that I want to share about.

I'll start with the community service. We split up into groups and the different groups did different things. Not sure exactly what all the other groups did, but I can tell you what mine did. We had 8 bagged lunches (sandwich, chips, and water bottles) that we were handing out to homeless people around St. Cloud (Minnesota). There is one corner right by a Taco Bell that usually has someone asking for money or food or other stuff, but there wasn't anyone there. We actually had a lot of trouble finding homeless people to bless, but we ended up getting them all handed out. We ended up going by that Taco Bell again, and there was a man there with a sign saying "Homeless Veteran, anything helps." We really wanted to do something for him, but we had already distributed the sandwiches, so we ended up buying him food from Taco Bell and going to give it to him and talk to him. His story really broke my heart and all I wanted to do was buy him a house but I obviously don't have that kind of money.

After that, we went to put up posters and raise money for the Pregnancy Resource Center, a non-profit organization that helps young women (any women that need the help, but it is mostly teens and ones in their young twenties who accidentally get pregnant that come to PRC) get resources to help with their pregnancy and help take care of their child. PRC is a Christian organization and they do not support abortions (and neither do I). It is amazing the impact they've had in the community here.

After we did that for a long time, we went to a park area to meet up with the other groups and we spent the next hour picking up trash. There is some wooded areas there with paths through it, and a friend and I went down the paths picking up whatever trash we could and putting it in a trash bag, but at one point we started noticing a bunch of diapers. We ended up finding 20+ diapers sitting nearby the paths, and later on we found a little man-made hut that looks like someone was living in at some point. I fear that the person living there had the baby, but it is very likely. Again, breaks my heart.

That all happened this morning/afternoon, but we watched a very informal documentation video Friday evening about gendercide, defined as the systematic killing of members of a specific sex, most visibly happening in China and India.

WARNING: Disturbing things to think about, but important nonetheless.:

But anyways, that is the gist of it.
Back to top Go down
Gweedo358
Owner
Gweedo358

My Fun Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Fun Day   My Fun Day EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 5:57 pm

Vet stories are always the most heart breaking... to see someone who gave so much and now has very little

Glad you had a great day
Back to top Go down

My Fun Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gweedo's Paradise SMP :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: